I would like to parse my backup email notifications from Intronis using a PSA solution. How are your email subject lines formatted so that I can parse them effectively?
Note: This article is no longer relevant for Autotask and Connectwise, since our integrations now include email parsing sections.
This article will provide step by step instructions in order to parse email notifications.
Subject Line Formatting
1) Our email notification subject lines are formatted in the following manner:
2) Software name [username, computer name, Computer ID] Status for backup set name
3) If you are a branded partner, your software name is the name of your branded software.
4) For any unbranded Intronis customers your software name is: Intronis.
5) The username field is the Intronis username of the account (i.e. abcdental).
6) The computer name field is the name of the computer associated with the backup that ran (i.e. SBS01).
7) The computer ID is the Intronis computer identification number (i.e. 0000).
8) Statuses for your job can be one of the following:
12) No Recent Backups
13) Backup Missed
14) No Backups
Note: These statuses are directly mapped to the severity levels that you assign in the Backup Status Report conditions. You can find the settings for the Backup Status Report in the partner portal, by hovering over the Admin tab, and choosing "Reporting."
1) The following passage contains additional explanation of the conditions that can be flagged after a backup, depending on the severity levels you've assigned them in your Backup Status Report.
2) Backup Completed (Your backup ran start to finish without encountering any errors)
3) Backup Completed/Warning/Failed with Notices (Your backup ran start to finish but encountered errors backing up specific files)
4) Backup Completed/Warning/Failed with No Files Changed (Your backup ran from start to finish without finding any changed files. Or it did not upload new SQL/Exchange data)
5) Backup Completed/Warning/Failed (Your backup was canceled due to a user initiated action or a scheduled cancel time)
6) Backup Missed (Your backup did not run at its scheduled time)
7) No Recent Backups (You have not performed a backup within a specified amount of time)
8) No Backups (No backups have been performed on the account at all or for a specific type of backup set)
9) Backup set name is the name of that backup set that the notification is for (i.e. Daily Backup).
10) An example notification would be :
11) Intronis [abcdental,SBS01,0000] Backup Completed with Notices for Daily Backup
1) Most of our partners will filter out emails with the following subjects:
2) Backup Completed
3) Backup Completed with No Files Changed
Note: Some partners pay attention to 'Backup Completed with No Files Changed' however because if the customer's data is not changing, when it should be, this may indicate improper backup set selection
Partners will usually pay attention to the following subjects:
1) Backup Warning
2) Backup Failed
3) Backup Missed
4) No Recent Backups
5) No Backups
Note: Partners who use scheduled 'Cancel At' times in their software to stop backups at a specific time due to bandwidth concerns may choose to filter out Backup Warning emails, if Backup Canceled is set to "Warning" in the Backup Status Report.
Note: To make effective use of the emails 'Backup Completed/Warning/Failed with Notices,' we recommend turning on the 'Failed Files' notice from your management portal.
1) Each email for a backup that has notices will send a text file attachment containing a list of any files that are experiencing trouble. That way, before looking at a client, you already know which files you need to troubleshoot.
2) To turn on this notification log into your portal (https://manage.intronis.com) and click on the "Manage" tab.
3) Under the "Accounts" view, click the arrow next to the username you'd like to change settings for.
4) Click on the computer id number, and then on the "Settings" tab.
5) Then click on "Notifications."
6) Click the "Settings" tab in the window that comes up, and then check the box for "Include Failed Files."
7) Then in the drop down menu which states "Include Failed Files" choose "Yes."